Which Court?

If you and your spouse are unable to resolve your family law disputes out of court, you can file an application in court. This is called litigation. 

There are two courts that handle family law litigation: the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court (previously the Federal Magistrates Court). The most complex cases are assigned to the Family Court, while judges in the Federal Circuit Court hear the majority of cases.

Our lawyers will determine the appropriate court for your family law issues and guide you through the court process.