In the case of family violence, abuse or stalking it may be necessary to apply for an Intervention Order.

Restraining Orders or injunctions can be used to stop one party from harassing or assaulting the other. An injunction can also be used to restrain one spouse from entering or remaining in a specified place, such as the family home.

Injunctions may be obtained in instances where one party in a marriage or de facto relationship is acting in an untoward manner or without the consent of the other party (e.g. dissipating bank accounts, selling assets, transferring goods to third parties).

Injunctions preventing such behaviour or Intervention Orders may need to be obtained urgently from a Court and one of the expert lawyers at Vic Rajah Family Lawyers is able to advise you about the process involved and to put into place the necessary steps to get a restraining order.